Saturday, July 30, 2005

Football > Blogging

So I was planning on writing a post about what my dad and I did today, or maybe what I've been up to for the past week. But that was before I decided to look up Virginia Tech's football schedule for this fall. And once I did that, I figured I might as well make use of the ESPN Insider access I was paying for to check out what they were saying about my team. Now it's an hour later that it was when I first sat down at my computer; I'm not able to work up the energy to write about my day.

I do, however, have the energy to write about football! Man, I'm excited about this season. Of course, I'm always excited about football. It's strange in a lot of ways, since in the grand scheme of things football is utterly meaningless. But there you have it, I love college football, and especially when my team is playing.

One slightly disappointing thing about this year's schedule: no home games until the middle of September. We play Ohio on Sept 17. (The complete schedule is at http://www.hokiesports.com/football/schedule.html I'll either be in Lane stadium or in front of a TV on all the days listed. Just a heads up, a month or two in advance.) Until then, we just play NC teams...hmm, maybe I'll see if anyone will be traveling down there...

The opener at NC State worries me a little. They always have a tough defense; combine that with home field advantage and a bunch of inexperienced players on our side, and you might have a recipe for disaster. Last year's game against them was so disappointing...

Alright, so I need to get some sleep now. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home