Saturday, August 06, 2005

Not with a bang, but a whimper...

Ten points to the first person who can tell me the original author of the above line without looking it up. Double points if you can name the work it's in. No cheating, now. You're on your honor.

Anyway, I'm back in the U.S., safe and sound. The title doesn't really have much to do with the my day, except maybe that none of the planes I rode in ended in a bang. Though they didn't really end in a whimper either. Oh well, it's been a long day. I hate flights going west across the Atlantic.

I go down to Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks of North Carolina tomorrow. Unless things have drastically changed, I don't expect to have internet access while I'm down there. So no hearing from me until later in the week. I know you're all heartbroken, but I'm sure you'll survive.

One final note: post times are now in EDT, not CET.

PS - Just wanted to share that in barely seven weeks, I managed to forget about sales tax. Stupid sales tax!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that my little bit of advice/ramblings could help. Your post was truly encouraging. I'm glad that God used this time for you. God was able to show His love in a lot of people this summer. I'm blessed to have been a part of it.

And yes Newton's Third Law. I knew it was something like that, but didn't want to post that if I was wrong. Oh well. You understood, that's what matters.

Blessings bro.

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some famous person somewhere that
wrote something magical and
amazing, i'm sure.

have fun in NC.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea....i always
forget the stupid
sales tax! swine retailers.

4:01 AM  
Blogger jhaggard76 said...

Matt,

I didn't know what it was from, kudos megan. I just wanted to say that I had a blast too getting to know you and being both challenged and encouraged by you. You are a man mature beyond his years. I look forward to our next meeting.

Jason

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home